Tuesday 7 October 2014

Clouds

What a gloomy day. Turenchal rain, thunder and lightning, dark sky all around...


Yet behind it all, even if it is only seen for a moment during the storm, the sun is still as God intended - it is the light that rules over even the darkest of days. And it is a wonderful thing to have the sun break through the clouds.


And when we see it - if we are open to seeing it - even the clouds that darken our skys will become a beautiful part of life.

Were it not for the clouds, we might never know the glory of the Son.


"I will give thanks to You, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praises to You among the nations. For Your steadfast love is great to the heavens, Your faithfulness to the clouds."
Psalm 57:9-10

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I especially love the last one. You live under beautiful open sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh... great thoughts and insight here, today - Dave!!

    I just want to praise the Lord!! His greatness is unfathomable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have often thought when looking at the storm clouds that just the other side is the sun. You captured my thoughts perfectly. Great pictures! I love the last one too.

    ReplyDelete